Allied Waste of Lake Oswego
In 1929 George Frank, his son Herb, and stepson Arthur Rossman created a sanitary company serving accounts in Oswego, West Linn, Tigard, Tualatin, Sherwood, Durham, and the unincorporated areas surrounding those towns. As growth came into the area and the business continued to expand, Art decided to concentrate on the Lake Oswego area. First known as Oswego Garbage, the company changed its name to Rossman Sanitary in 1946.
As one of the pioneers in recycling, Rossman Sanitary Service began curbside collection of newspapers and cardboard in 1980. As recycling grew, Rossman always stayed on the cutting edge, offering new programs such as multi-material collection to the community long before regulatory requirements were in place for the region.
In 1990, George and his wife sold the business to their children and over the next few years more and more programs including curbside yard debris in 1992, started to emerge.
In 1991, Art Rossman donated four downtown lots between 4th and C Avenue, demolishing the houses and preparing the land for it’s new look. The space is now called Rossman Park.
In October 2000, the Rossman family sold the stock in the business to Allied Waste Industries, Inc. Allied is the second largest waste hauling company in North America, owning and operating companies across the United States.
Today, in their original location off Rosemont Road, the friendly and committed staff of Rossman Sanitary Service continues to provide quality, environmentally friendly service and commitment to the community of Lake Oswego and it’s surrounding areas. With the support of the community and local government, Allied Waste of Lake Oswego, hopes to provide quality commitment to the area for generations to come.
No downloads available for this organization.